Rooster Teeth Expo Day 2 was a blast! The doors opened early and we got to add on a new event with our friends from Cow Chop.
James, a.k.a. UberHaxorNova, fought against fans on our Pit People PVP arcade cabinets. In the end, he lost some rounds and he won some rounds but it was all in the name of fun!
After the Cow Chop crew headed out for their autograph signing, we went right into our own Pit People PVP Challenge.
On Day 2, we had 24 challengers go up against each other! You can see the winners in our RTX 2017 Day 2 Flickr Album.
There will be one last chance on Day 3 to join the PVP Challenge to fight in the Pit. Get all the details HERE.
After all the chaos of the day, we can’t believe it’s already down to the last day of RTX! If you’re coming to Day 3, make sure to stop by our booth to pick up a Pit People koozie. Just show off your Pit People knowledge to one of our staff (or play the Pit People demo) and they’ll hook you up!
Day 1 of the Rooster Teeth Expo in Austin just wrapped up! When the doors to the expo hall opened at noon, we welcomed attendees at Booth 401 with new Pit People PVP arcade cabinets and a whole row of Chonku Chonku machines with newly blind-boxed merch.
Click to see all photos from Day 1 of RTX Austin
In our Chonku Chonku machines, we’ve got mini knight figurines, keychains, and even all new patches! Our Gift Shop also has a select variety of t-shirt designs and we’ve got the Pit People Plushies.
At 2PM, we started our first round of Pit People PVP Challenges. All of the 1v1 matches were held between 2PM-5PM at our booth for Day 1. Many players joined, but two fighters stood out the most:
LAELAPS7 – the grand prize winner on Day 1 of RTX Austin 2017. That’s 3 battles won in a row!
Austin – The 2 win streak winner on Day 1 of RTX Austin 2017
Congrats to these winners! If you’re here at RTX Austin 2017, you’ll have a chance to compete in the Pit People PVP Challenge on Day 2 and Day 3. Come to Booth 401 between 1-4PM and let our staff know you’re there for the PP PVP Challenge! Good luck and see you in the Pit!
If you’re headed to RTX this weekend, come by our booth (#401) to compete with your fellow Pit People players! We’ll be doing our first ever Pit People PVP Challenge at RTX and anyone can join in for a chance to win rad prizes.
- A competitor can play up to three 1v1 rounds for all or nothing!
- If a player wins the 1st round, they can keep their Round 1 prize or go “double or nothing” by going into Round 2.
- If they win the 2nd battle as well, they can keep Round 1 & 2 prizes OR go into a Final Round for a Cash Prize + prizes from previous rounds!
- But if they lose in either Round 2 or 3, the player will walk away with 0 prizes.
TL;DR – Win a round, keep going for even more prizes. Lose a round, lose it all!
So how far will you push yourself in the Pit?
PP PVP Challenge Schedule:
Friday, July 7th – 2:00PM – 5:00PM
Saturday, July 8th – 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Sunday, July 9th – 1:00PM – 4:00PM
To enter, just let one of our Behemoth team members know that you’re there to compete for that day and then you’ll be able to fight in the Pit in a rigorous 1v1 battle!
- 1st round prize – 2 Castle Crashers Mini Figurines
- 2nd round prize – Pit People Plush (1) + Pit People Shirt (1) + 1st round prize
- Final round prize – CASH prize ($50) + previous round prizes
*provided given items are in stock (if we run out, we’ll mail the prizes to the winners!)
- If a player loses after the first round, they no longer qualify for prizes on subsequent attempts that same day, but can keep playing for fun.
- Competition is only valid if two human players are available. i.e. no vs ai for prizes.
- If a player wins all three rounds and claims cash prize, they are done for that day and can’t compete for prizes anymore (but they can still play for fun!)
Oh, and did we mention that these daily competitions will be held on our newly custom built arcade cabinets!?
We’ll see you at RTX Booth 401 starting this Friday, July 7th!