With the release of Pit People this past March, we were given an opportunity to share our game with the world, and to allow the world to share with us. Not only does this come in the form of social engagement, support, or fandom per-se, but also with consumer facing gaming conventions. We travel, we meet, we talk, we play, we eat, and then talk some more. It’s a beautiful reminder that what we do is just as much a people thing as it is a game thing. A community, after all, is made up of people that make and play games.
Last month we found ourselves exhibiting at PLAY Paris, a new show powered by PAX (yes, we aren’t sure what that means either). In and around the show we did some press interviews, took in some sights, and ate food at a rate comparable to what feels like in an All You Can Quaff tournament. Before all this though, we did as we always do: we checked out the show site. To our delight, it was located in a beautiful space in the middle of Park la Villette, a large park north of Paris center crisscrossed by large canals with Parisians floating by on little motorboats eating wine and cheese. We are not making this up! The picturesque scene was not only a gorgeous setting, but served as a nice metaphor for what was to come: a shared intimate space for community and discovery.
(See more of our photos from PLAY Paris powered by PAX)
The full set of vinyl Pit People heroes is available now in our online store!
Last year, we had the debut set of figurines with Horatio, Pipistrella, and Yosef. This week, we’ve brought Gluten and Sofia to the interwebs!
This vinyl Gluten stands around 6″ tall and is approximately 5 1/2″ wide. They’ve got their heroic pose down and they’re ready to fling their frosting for some team heals!
Don’t go into battle without your favorite cupcake!
Sofia is ready for adventure in a new land or whatever land YOU are in. Take home this loyal recruitador today!
At 8 ¼ “ tall and 3 ½ “ wide, this vinyl Sofia will guard your home or office with her trusty sword and net in hand.
A Pit People update went live on Xbox One today with a lot of improvements since the launch of the full release last month. These changes will be implemented on the Steam side in two separate parts as Update 6b (out now) & Update 6c (coming soon), so for the sake of consistency we will be calling this Update 6b+c for the Xbox One version.
Note: The Xbox One update is close to 2GB. It’s a large download in part because of the changes, but mostly because we increased the resolution on all of our cinematics with this update.
(Warning: last two bullet points contain *spoilers*)
Update 6c changes (currently just out on Xbox One):
- Players with “maxed out” save slots (heavy load of recruited fighters and collectible items) had their online functionality affected. Other players were unable to see these affected players in the Pit modes and story mode. This has been fixed in this latest update.
Update 6b changes:
- Updated finale narration with new VO
- Robot Judges in the Star Player mission are now correctly using electrobot voices any time they talk.
- Removed “Jerkimedes” name in one of the Quest Dialogue bubbles (when Horatio is speaking)
- Fixed Mr. Whispers Troll recruit quest – Mr. Whispers now actually wants a troll, not a cupcake.
- All world map Elites are now vulnerable to nitro.
- Fixed issue so that fighters purchased in the Marquette retain their tint color.
- Songs now change instantly when toggling Streamer-Friendly Music setting.
- Updated streamer friendly alternate tracks.
- *Spoiler* Fixed issue with the Mt. Olympus gate not opening.
- *Spoiler* Fixed a bug in Groomer Has It that prevented Hagatha from being captured.