Back in March, we fulfilled our vampiric destiny by coming into your homes through your monitors and showing the first ever online sneak peek of Alien Hominid Invasion gameplay! But that was three months ago, and now times they are a-changin’. Alien Hominid Invasion has grown and changed and warped and twisted (wait, that sounds kinda scary) since then, and we’re excited to show you just how.
When you go out in the world, you gotta mask up — and no one knows the importance of big ol’ face coverings like the Castle Crashers with their giant helmets! We’ve pulled together a few easy DIY mask designs complete with instructions so you can make them at home! This week we’re showing off the classic Castle Crashers Knight Mask, with two more SUPER SECRET AND SUPER COOL designs coming later.
Collect your pattern below, and follow along to make your own mask!
– Solid colored t-shirt/fabric for knight mask – White t-shirt/fabric for knight helmet – Needle and thread – Paper pattern (Get that below!)
This pattern is for adult size M, and you can adjust as needed.
To use it, zoom in on the pattern on your computer monitor so that the reference line on the pattern is 2 inches long, then put a piece of paper on the monitor and trace the pattern. I recommend you to write on the pattern which side is up.
Now let’s get going!
1. Trace the pattern on a solid colored t-shirt and cut TWO pieces. (I used an old shirt I got from the Behemoth, but you can use any shirt, of course!)
2. Cut a white t-shirt/fabric for the white helmet emblem. (I used 100% cotton for the white part. Don’t mind the not-so-smooth cut line.)
3. Lay the white pieces on the *right side of #1 and sew only the inner (blue dotted) part.
4. Put the *right sides together, sew them ¼ inch away from the edge, leaving an opening on one side.
5. Open the pieces up and put them together like the picture below, then sew top and bottom. Make sure to leave ½ – ¾ inch openings on top and bottom of each side for ear loops.
6. Snip around the curve but don’t cut too deep! You don’t want to slice the seam you made.
7. Turn it inside out by pulling the fabric from the opening you made in step 4.
8. Cut a ½ inch strip from one of your t-shirts lengthwise, hold both ends, and stretch it out to make it into a string. Most t-shirts are designed to stretch lengthwise and the fabric will not fray, so go ahead and give it a nice pull.
(The top piece is what it should look like after it’s pulled/stretched, while the bottom piece is before it’s pulled/stretched.)
9. Put one of your strings through the opening on the side. I used a bodkin to pull the string through but if you don’t have one, you can use a safety pin.
10. Adjust each ear loop til it’s a size you like, and tie a knot. Cut the excess string, and rotate the loop until the knot is hidden inside the mask.
Repeat steps 9 and 10 for the other side of the mask, and you’re done! A knight in shining armor, just like that.
Be sure to check back next week for more Castle Crashers mask designs, and stay safe!
How many S’s can you fit into one sentence? Summer Splash with Some Super Sunny Sales and Smiles?! The answer is a lot, apparently.
The Steam Summer Sale has crashed down like a wave, and all of our games are on sale on Steam! From June 25th to July 9th, you can grab Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater for 80% off, and Pit People for special 52% off. (The 52% discount makes the price a nice number that we liked, okay? Plus, it’s 2% more than 50%, so that’s cool for you too!)
But wait, there’s more!
Be sure to check out the Cozy Couch Co-Op Bundle on Steam! The bundle features BattleBlock Theater alongside a slew of fun co-op adventures from other developers — it’s perfect for anyone who’s looking for new games to play with friends, and will also be discounted during the Summer Sale! Watch this super cool trailer or click the link for more details.
If you already have some of the games in the bundle, no worries — Steam subtracts the cost of what you already own so you don’t have to spend extra cash.
But wait, there’s MORE more…
Pump up your summer style with a Behemoth merch sale! From June 25th to July 9th, you can save big in our online merch store.
Freshen up your wardrobe or grab a lovable plush to hug for 20% off using the delicious code “HAWT” at checkout! This code will work for everything in the store, so take your pick of goodies. On top of that, all Pit People figurineswill be 50% off for even more fun!
We that we bring you a little bit of extra fun to help you kick off your summer vacation. Hang ten!! Or hang eight, because Google says that chickens have four toes per foot, unless they’re Silkies, which have five. The more you know!!