Edit [2-14-2017]: Update 1 now available on both platforms!
In our upcoming UPDATE 1: HOME IMPROVEMENT we’ve focused on polishing the game, adding more in-depth information for the player as well as targeting any areas that either received a lot of feedback or stuck out in one way or another. Additional content & Story are being developed simultaneously alongside our updates.
Here is the following changelist for Update 1:
- House Menu now has tool tips.
- House Menu mouse controls improved.
- House Menu now shows % chances for weaponry as well as elemental defenses.
- (Please note: Not all readouts are displaying as intended, primarily with Mushrooms, Octoclops, Troll Mom, Wraith and Mascot)
- House Menu now shows portrait of character being moved in Lower House Menu.
- R key now sorts fighters by type in Lower House Menu
- Pause Menu now allows player to see their overall unlock progress.
- Pause Menu backdrop changed for easier reading.
- Survival Guide updated with all new creature information.
- How to Play help area updated with notes.
- The Pit (a.k.a. Arena) Lobby online/offline button changed.
- The Pit (a.k.a. Arena) Lobby Spectator button placement changed.
- The Pit (a.k.a. Arena) Lobby now has more clear and fun visuals on how it all works!
- Options Menu has had some wording and organizational changes.
- AllChat and Teamchat default inputs have been changed to T and Y.
- Players can now adjust their Online search distance to far (for players having trouble finding people in their region). Please note that we DO NOT RECOMMEND changing this if you have not experienced any problems, due to potential introduction of lag or disconnects when set to far.
- Added all remaining creature icons for Troll Mom, Vampiress, Wraith, Hair Troll, Rainbow Horse icons in default HUD move status.
===BALANCE & TOURNAMENT===
- ”Trade-offs” have started to be introduced to weapon categories. Critical chance, Damage, Armor Pierce, Dodge, Stun, Defense, Weight Reduction have all been given to weaponry at the cost of other stat reductions. Approximately 100 existing weapons with no stat changes have received this treatment so far. No shields, helmets or creatures have received these new Trade-offs at this time but are being considered.
- Trade-offs are usually limited to 2 max in house inventory. There is unfortunately no marker in the house that indicates a Trade-off item at this time. Some can be guessed by changes in stats scrolling through the House Menu cosmetic area. (Indicator & further information on these coming soon™!).
- Weaker versions of Fire and Acid have been introduced to a couple weapons. Acid is currently not displayed (The Dismantler Sword and Tech Support Bow have both received Weak Acid). Yes, this means that Red Hot pepper everyone’s been talking about does Fire damage now 🙂
- PVP maps added for more 1v1 / 2v2 variety. Look out for explosive barrels!
- Added a few Tournament items
- Recruits are now randomized in level within a preset range. AKA Recruits will no longer be set to level 1.
- Rewards have been shifted in the Pit to focus more on Gold. Lots of special loot’s outside that gate!
- Level balance is a very delicate thing. We’re making a change here and seeing how it affects things for everyone rather than doing anything too violent with the math. The amount of ‘power’ gained (primarily damage stat) is up from 0.12% per level to 0.24% per level. Fighters you’ve already leveled will adjust accordingly. 6 fighters at level 99 will have 24% more power than before individually. This adds up to quite a lot!
- Minor balance changes to Hair Troll, Zombie, Mushroom, Kobold, Gorgon, Medium Mallet, Medium and Heavy Helmet, Rainbow Horse, Electrobot, Octoclops, Alpaca Lips, Safety Last. Mortar is undergoing changes and may not be working as intended. Pardon our dust!
- Somewhat_Epic items were adjusted in damage and weight (Excalibeef)
- Socket To Them sword adjusted to be closer to Pixie Slayer.
- Multiple offhand thrown objects can now actually be thrown (woops)
- Gorgons Spit now has gained a chance to slow on hit
- Octoclops has now gained a Confuse chance roll on top of their Ink chance roll.
- Confuse status introduced. Confused fighters will not be able to distinguish friend from foe and can still be controlled on movement. You can still move a confused fighter to a position where the only target in range is your enemy.
- Gnome flinging of their own friends is now more accurate/reliable than it was before. (If you have any issues with Gnome flings please save a replay and send it our way!)
- Captured/bought fighters start with a random level and number of kills.
- The item count is red in the equipment grid if you own the maximum number of that item.
- The Esc key is now context sensitive; the pause key can be used to pause the game in some menus.
- Subtitles are hidden when the game is paused.
- Changed warning to a non-interactive notification if you don’t have a hero on a team.
- Spectators can now return to the city from a battle using the pause menu.
- When items are dropped on the world map, they go back to their original owner if they’re picked up (when possible).
- Damage flags use team colors.
- Spectator game is saved when receiving gold.
- Show a warning if system clock is out of sync with server.
- Show version numbers in options menu.
- Show the insane mode animation less frequently.
- Add a HUD icon to show ghost partner teams on the world map.
- Vampiresses now take damage when landing on a hazard.
- Audio is no longer muted when the window loses focus.
- Added Russian language support.
- Players can press A on a gamepad to join the game (rather than needing to press F2).
- The comm icon menu can be clicked on.
- Memory usage is reduced when running a 32-bit OS.
- Players get the default set of quests even if the save was created before some of the quests existed.
- Players cannot flee battles with elite teams on the world map.
- The scroll wheel direction has been changed for cycling through pages of items in the house.
- Fixed a bug that prevented other users from finding your session after you disconnected from a prior session.
- Fixed alt+tab hang during videos.
- Updated to fmod 1.08 – fixes exit crash after unplugging USB headphones.
- Fixed a bug that caused problems if you canceled the battle transition by shooting a world map NPC – one thing that broke was the ability to trigger switches.
- Fixed a crash when 2nd player drops out after returning to city.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wagon to get stuck if an NPC was near a quest turn-in point.
- Fixed a bug that would cause some subterranean tiles to not appear.
- Fixed a desync in replays of certain quest levels.
- Fixed a desync that could occur when playing online after having played certain quests during the same session.
- Some replays that used to hang on the last turn now end correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused fighters to appear solid white when standing near occluding objects.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a local user dropped out when matchmaking succeeded.
- Fixed a bug that caused the envelope to fail to show all items if you clicked on it with the mouse.
- Fixed a bug that could cause player to get stuck with hourglass icons on city buildings if the host dropped out while the player was returning to the city.
- Added hundreds of possible names.
- Gankie added as a possible name.
- New Items added for Electrobot, Rainbow Horse, Kobold, Troll Mom, Spidaur, Gnome, Human.
- Some FX now allow character art to be seen through them.
- Mascot mount animation updated.
- Gorgon REMOVE ITEM item now is the Royal Pain item.
- New worldmap enemy teams wandering for encounters.
- Kobold skin mislabeled as Pink Bow is now Spelunker.
- Removed extra, wandering Dolphs.
- Helmetites have new fashion.
- Worldmap coin trails updated.
- Toastmaster Fixes.
- Updated all Unfair and Normal enemy teams to use updated gear and skins.
- Replay Folder now generated upon bringing it up.
- Various Quest/Mission updates.
- Added Muscley Nipples as a possible name (<-- very important)
See you all in the Pit!
Edited on February 3, 2017 – Removed “Survival Guide accessible from Pause Menu”