If you tuned into our last livestream, then you know that Alien Hominid Invasion development is still well underway, and that we’ve been working on a spaceship-full of new and exciting features! If you didn’t tune into our last livestream, Mothership knows, but you can still catch the non-live recap right here:
And if you like to use your readers rather than your watchers, here’s a list of the latest and greatest features from the last couple months of development.
…Well, the ones we’re willing to reveal, at least.
- New level type: bonus levels with enemy waves. In these bonus levels, death doesn’t matter, and you can rack up rewards. HUD elements will also be orange instead of purple, fun!
- New boss…? Or something… Who knows. We’re great at teasing.
- But when you do beat a boss, they begin patrolling the city blocks on your next rampage through the streets
- Installball has new attacks… like shooting bullets from his eye!!!
- Megabot now has spinning buddies to aid her. Terrifying!
- Armored enemies now throw the alien off of them and cannot be thrown themselves
- Snipers now run away when you get too close
- Flybots are more fun to break (because they explode on the ground)
- Uzi and “Lozenge” enemies have deliberate bullet patterns now instead of unpredictable spreads
- Sawedoff now pierces armor by default
- New boost types introduced in loot – damage on roll, damage when picking up coins, damage to robots, revenge damage when being hit, and other gameplay changers
- Coin rain now grants larger coin value per pickup – coin stacks!
- The grenade explosion look is now more concise to help with game clarity
- Players are now graded in the post-game screen, so stay in school! Or something like that
- DPS readout for + or – is now reflected in the player setup UI
Development is a long road, and even longer when it goes all the way through space. We appreciate each and every one of you sticking with us while we continue to mold and shape Alien Hominid Invasion into something awesome!’
Wait… what is that? It doesn’t look friendly…